first_imgThe storm had delayed the arrival of several delegations. However, Festival Director of CARIFESTA Andrea Wells said about 85 per cent of the delegates had already arrived. A number delegates whose flights were cancelled indicated they were able to reschedule their flights and would arrive in time for the opening. “With the passage of the storm we have been able to regroup and discuss the next plan of action. The actual schedule has not been terribly disrupted, but we felt that we can plan and execute the opening ceremony with the least disruption as possible,” he told a news conference. “Some of Jamaica’s delegation are already on the ground, but they are coming in a staggered way. Some have been stuck in Jamaica and some are hoping to get on other flights. Some delegates from Suriname had to overnight in Trinidad because connecting flights were cancelled because of the weather system,” Wells said, Opening to be held at Kensington Oval “People are still very enthusiastic about the festival, so they are not making anything stop their plans.” The Caribbean Festival of Arts (CARIFESTA), the region’s premier cultural showcase, opens in Barbados on Sunday, more than 24 hours after Tropical Storm Harvey put a damper on the activity as it made its way through the Eastern Caribbean. Delegates delayed Culture Minister Stephen Lashley said there have been minor changes to the program for the 13th edition of the CARIFESTA XIII, as a result of the passage of the storm. The minister said that following a meeting with the stakeholders on Friday night, it was agreed the opening ceremony which was originally scheduled for Thursday evening, will now take place on Sunday at the Kensington Oval. Lashely said the pre-show would now be held one hour before the official opening. Lashley said he was satisfied that there was a lot of interest in the festival, which will see more than 500 events taking place over the 10-day event. “We have issued quite a number of tickets. We expect Kensington Oval will be full capacity,” he addedlast_img read more

first_imgThe Brian Lara Stadium will become the Caribbean’s newest first class venue when it hosts three of Trinidad and Tobago Red Force’s home matches in the Regional first class campaign which bowls off next week.On Thursday, Cricket West Indies said it had approved the change for the second, fourth and seventh round matches, which had previously been scheduled for historic Queen’s Park Oval, to be now played at the spanking new south Trinidad facility.“This change means that we can now return the game to the south of Trinidad, which again has a venue to stage first-class matches,” said CWI cricket operations manager, Roland Holder.Red Force vs Jamaica Scorpions Red Force will now take on Jamaica Scorpions from November 2-5 in a fixture that will crown the Tarouba venue as a first-class venue.The hosts will also meet three-time reigning champions Guyana Jaguars in the fourth round from November 16-19 before clashing in the seventh round with perennial arch-rivals Barbados Pride from December 14-17.Since the Brian Lara Stadium was opened in May of this year, it has hosted several high profile matches, including the playoff and final of the Caribbean Premier League. The new stadium was also the site of last week’s opening matches of the ICC Women’s Championship between West Indies and Sri Lanka, in which the West Indies emerged winners.For recent news on Trinbago Red Force, click the link: Trinbago Red Force, Jamaica score victories in Lauderhill T20last_img read more

first_imgPhoto Courtesy of Jamaica Football Federation LOS ANGELES, United States, CMC – Fixtures for the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup announced on Wednesday are stated below:SCHEDULE:Saturday, June 15 – Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA (Group A)4:30 pm Canada v Martinique6:30 pm Mexico v CubaSunday, June 16 – Estadio Nacional, San José, Costa Rica (Group B)4:00 pm Haiti v Bermuda6:00 pm Costa Rica v NicaraguaMonday, June 17 – Independence Park, Kingston, Jamaica (Group C)6:00 pm Curaçao v El Salvador8:00 pm Jamaica v HondurasTuesday, June 18 – Allianz Field, St. Paul, MN (Group D)6:30 pm Panama v Trinidad and Tobago8:30 pm USA v GuyanaWednesday, June 19 – Broncos Stadium at Mile High, Denver, CO (Group A)6:00 pm Cuba v Martinique8:00 pm Mexico v CanadaThursday, June 20 – Toyota Stadium, Frisco, TX (Group B)6:00 pm Nicaragua v Haiti8:00 pm Costa Rica v BermudaFriday, June 21 – BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, TX (Group C)6:00 pm El Salvador v Jamaica8:00 pm Honduras v CuraçaoSaturday, June 22 – FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH (Group D)5:30 pm Guyana v Panama7:30 pm USA v Trinidad and TobagoSunday, June 23 – Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC (Group A)6:00 pm Canada v Cuba8:00 pm Martinique v MexicoMonday, June 24 – Red Bull Arena, Harrison, NJ (Group B)6:30 pm Bermuda v Nicaragua8:30 pm Haiti v Costa RicaTuesday, June 25 – Banc of California Stadium, Los Angeles, CA (Group C)5:00 pm Jamaica v Curaçao7:00 pm Honduras v El SalvadorWednesday, June 26 – Children’s Mercy Park, Kansas City, KS (Group D)5:30 pm Trinidad and Tobago v Guyana7:30 pm Panama v USASaturday, June 29 – NRG Stadium, Houston, TX6:00 pm QF1: 1B v 2A8:30 pm QF2: 1A v 2BSunday, June 30 – Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA5:30 pm QF3: 1C v 2D8:00 pm QF4: 1D v 2CTuesday, July 2 – State Farm Stadium, Glendale, AZ7:00 pm SF1: Winner QF1 v Winner QF2Wednesday, July 3 – Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN8:00 pm SF2: Winner QF3 v Winner QF4Sunday, July 7– Soldier Field, Chicago, IL8:00 pm F: Winner SF1 vs Winner SF2last_img read more

first_img

  1. Miss Of The Season? African Legend Misses Open Goal (Video)

The Antalyaspor of Turkey captain could however be forgotten as he scored one of the goals in a 3-0 win over Osmanlispor FK.RelatedFOREIGN LEGIONOctober 23, 2017In “Features”OFFICIAL: Samir Nasri joins AntalyasporAugust 21, 2017In “England”Omeruo Reunites With Brother In LeganesMarch 9, 2019In “Nigeria” 0:32 1. “Miss Of The Season? African Legend Misses Open Goal (Video)” In what is already a contender for the miss of the season, African football legend Samuel Eto’o somehow managed to miss an open goal from few yards out during his side’s home league clash with Osmanlispor FK.Only the former Barcelona, Chelsea and Inter Milan striker could explain how he didn’t score with the goal gaping. Video Player00:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.last_img read more

first_imgRelatedJosh RobsonJune 30, 2017Similar post2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Wrap (South America): Argentina Face Big Hurdle To Qualify After Uninspiring Draw; Magnificent Lampe Thwarts BrazilOctober 6, 2017In “FIFA”Rojo Narrates How Messi Played A Big Role In Win Over NigeriaJune 27, 2018In “FIFA” Lionel Messi produced a masterclass when his Argentina team needed it the most to aid their qualification for next year’s summer World Cup in Russia.The 2-time champions were in danger of missing out of the World Cup after they started the day in 6th position and outside the qualification places. Their situation went from bad to worse after 40 seconds when the home side took the lead through Renato Ibarra.That early setback galvanised ‘Captain Fantastic’ Messi and Argentina with the Barcelona superstar getting a quick first half brace before he completed his hattrick in the second half with a sumptuous strike to send his country to Russia. The 3-1 away win over Ecuador was enough to take Jorge Sampaoli’s side three spots up to 3rd behind Brazil and Uruguay.COPA America champions Chile missed out  on World Cup qualification after they suffered a damaging 3-0 defeat to hosts Brazil through goals from Paulinho and Manchester City star Gabriel Jesus (2). The Chileans dropped from 3rd to 6th thereby missing out on a playoff spot during to their inferior goal difference to 5th-placed Peru.Matchday 18 Results:Ecuador 1-3 ArgentinaBrazil 3-0 ChileUruguay 4-2 BoliviaParaguay 0-1 VenezuelaPeru 1-1 ColombiaFinal Standings:Brazil 41 points (Qualified)Uruguay 31 points (Qualified)Argentina 28 points (Qualified)Colombia 27 points (Qualified)Peru 26 points (Playoffs)Chile 26 pointsParaguay 24 pointsEcuador 20 pointsBolivia 14 pointsVenezuela 12 pointslast_img read more

first_imgNigeria’s Minister of Youth and Sports, Barrister Solomon Dalung, has expressed satisfaction with Port Harcourt’s readiness to host the forth-coming Governor Nyesom Wike National Wrestling Championships as well as the 2018 Africa Senior Wrestling Championships slated for February.Barrister Dalung made his known during a meeting with the Local Organising Committee (LOC) of both tournaments in Abuja on Thursday. The LOC met with the Sports Minister to brief him on the level of preparedness of the Garden City ahead of the Championships.Expressing his satisfaction with the level of work done by the LOC, Dalung equally commended the Rivers State Governor, Barrister Nyesom Wike for agreeing to sponsor both events. RelatedUnited World Wrestling Africa President Meskout To Visit Nigeria For Facilities’ InspectionJuly 24, 2017In “Sports”AUDIO: Gov. Wike Wrestling Championships Exceeded Expectations – IgaliDecember 6, 2017In “Africa”AUDIO: Wrestling Boss Meskout Satisfied With Facilities In Port Harcourt For African ChampionshipsJuly 27, 2017In “Sports” Speaking during the meeting, the Minister pledged the full support of the Ministry of Sports, while assuring that both tournaments will get the backing of the Federal Government.Barrister Dalung also promised to attend the opening ceremony of the Governor Wike championships, stating that he will also use the opportunity to inspect the facilities and meet with the security committee.The Governor Nyesom Wike National Wrestling Championships is slated for 23rd to 30th November, 2017 while the Africa Senior Wrestling Championships-the first to be hosted in Nigeria-has been scheduled to run from 7th to 11th February, 2018.Both events will be staged at the Indoor Sports Hall of the Alfred Diette-Spiff Civic Center in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.last_img read more

first_imgSevilla striker Wissam Ben Yedder has taunted Liverpool after his side produced one of the greatest comebacks in recent UEFA Champions League (UCL) history. RelatedLiverpool Suffer Familiar FrailtiesNovember 22, 2017In “Europe”Matchday 38 Review (Saturday): Sevilla Edge Getafe For Final UEL Spot As Villareal Produce Mini Fightback Against MadridMay 20, 2018In “Europe”Sevilla Striker Mocks Arsenal’s Champions League AbsenceJuly 31, 2017In “England” Ben Yedder played a starring role in the comeback as he helped the Spanish side recover from going 3-0 down at halftime to earning an impressive 3-3 draw at the end of the game.He scored two second half goals before Guido Pizzarro levelled proceedings for Eduardo Berizzo’s side thereby boosting qualification for the first knockout stage of this year’s competition.After the game, Ben Yedder took to his Twitter account to taunt Liverpool fans. He tweeted “Hope @ACMilan watched it” as he hinted a measure of revenge on Liverpool after the Reds produced the same comeback against the Italians on their way to winning the 2005 UEFA Champions League title.last_img read more

first_img Gaming Innovation Group has announced the launch of its latest online casino property LarryCasino.com, based on the popular ‘Leisure Suit Larry’ video game series.LarryCasino.com will be launched through industry online marketing and player acquisition subsidiary iGaming Cloud.The brand character of Larry Laffer was a popular but hapless 1980s/90s video game character, who fronted the PC gaming adult entertainment series ‘Leisure Suit Larry’ by developer Sierra Entertainment.“LarryCasino.com features a selection of the best slot machines, casino games and live casino play – all based around a new Larry Laffer adventure and available for all devices, including desktops,” explains iGaming entrepreneur and co-owner David Fernandez this new casino experience in a nutshell.GIG development and marketing teams will enhance player engagement with LarryCasino.com by ‘storifying gameplay’ of the new online casino, which takes place on the Caribbean resort of ‘Naked Island’.The more players play and win on LarryCasino.com, the more they will get to see of the resort, with players being awarded further prizes for island progress.Ben Clemes Managing Director of iGaming Cloud comments on the property“LarryCasino and its fully gamified experience is a testament to the creative vision of its owners, and simultaneously shows the diversification of what can be achieved using technologies supported by iGaming Cloud (iGC). All of us at iGC are very excited to see ‘Leisure Suit Larry’ come to life in this amazing casino experience.” GiG ups code security oversight with Checkmarx July 10, 2020 GiG launches WSN Podcast hosted by Bill Krackomberger  June 18, 2020 Share Share Submit Related Articles StumbleUpon GiG lauds its ‘B2B makeover’ delivering Q2 growth August 11, 2020last_img read more

first_img Veikkaus calls for early introduction of Finnish age verification measures August 28, 2020 StumbleUpon Related Articles iGaming group Global Gaming has announced that it will launch a new multi-media campaign for flagship brand Ninja Casino (www.ninjacasino.com), with coverage to be displayed on TV, radio, display and digital video verticals.The new casino brand will initially target the highly saturated markets of Sweden and Finland, promoting Ninja Casino’s vast array of slot games and ease of play and navigation for its users.Campaign media partners include MTG (Modern Times Group) and Discovery Networks for TV, and Bauer Media Group for radio. Adverts will also appear on Spotify and a selection of the most visited sites in the markets. The initial 10-week campaign is scheduled to run until the end of May 2017.“We’ve seen massive success with Ninja Casino so far in Sweden and Finland. The impressive growth has been organic so we are confident that this big marketing push will significantly increase visitor numbers and turnover and be replicated as we launch in future markets,” commented  Stefan Olsson, Global Gaming CEO on the marketing launch of Ninja Casino“Players have responded very positively to the simple setup, where they do not need to go through a registration, or remember a password, but can just deposit and start playing.Ninja Casino launch campaign Share Betsson outrides pandemic challenges as regulatory dramas loom July 21, 2020 LeoVegas hits back at Swedish regulations despite Q2 successes August 13, 2020 Submit Sharelast_img read more

first_imgShare StumbleUpon Related Articles Share Social media football content creator Copa90, has revealed to UK marketing news source The Drum that it has plans to broadcast live matches through its growing digital network.Part of independent UK media group Bigballs Media, Copa90 operates a number of social media assets dedicated to creating/curating football content for global ‘youth’ audiences.At present, Copa90 social media assets have combined reach of + 80 million views per month. The content creator detailed that it wanted to bring a ‘radical approach’ to live football broadcasting moving away from ‘suits sat in a studio ethos’.Speaking to The Drum, James Kirkham Head of Copa90 detailed that his firm had ‘at least three live matches planned between now and the end of the year’. The matches will be broadcast throughout Copa90’s platform and will be branded as ‘Copa90 LIVE’.Kirkham did not detail which teams would feature in the live matches, however he stated that football rights holders had approached Copa90 with offers to broadcast games. Should Copa90 gain the go-ahead, the company will become the first content creator to broadcast a professional football match.“We’ve got a couple of big European clubs interested, and I’m talking elite, A-list European clubs. The rights at the moment are coming from a whole assortment of different angles. It started off as a trickle and it’s become a bit of a flood.” Kirkham detailed.Noting Copa90’s unique audience and approach to creating football content, Kirkham states that the planned broadcast of the live matches will be like none other.“More than anything I want people to think, ‘I don’t care what game they’re showing, if Copa90 is showing it I need to see it’,” said Kirkham.“That could be some kind of far-flung European derby for example. I like the idea that we could be bringing games that people have barely even thought of but because Copa90 is doing it they’re going to tune in.” Combat Ready! Ex Paddy Power Mischief maker Ken Robertson launches The Tenth Man March 20, 2018 Ladbrokes Coral appoints Noel Hamill as Group Marketing lead March 29, 2018 Submit Kiwi legend Rebecca Smith joins COPA90, leading upcoming ‘female football drive’ January 11, 2019last_img read more