A man assaulted another man after he thought he was spying on his children in his back garden.McGahern appeared at Letterkenny District Court.Edward McGahern, 39, attacked the man who had been looking over some fences as his daughter was considering buying a house in the area. Letterkenny District Court heard the victim was taking some measurements when he heard another man shouting at him.He initially ignored the shouts but then the accused approached him.Garda Inspector Goretti Sheridan said McGahern asked the accused why he was looking at his children and then pushed the victim and caused him to fall over and he banged his head.He began to bleed profusely and he was forced to go to hospice and get six stitches to treat his wound.Solicitor Patsy Gallagher said his client, after seeing the man looking over a fence, put two and two together and “got one hundred and two.”He said the victim was not known in the area and the altercation had happened after a series of unfortunate events.“My client believed this man was there for another purpose and he was not. He wrongly and unfortunately believed he was there for another purpose and he is deeply sorry for what happened,” said Mr Gallagher.The court heard that McGahern, of Lui na Greine, Oldtown, Letterkenny had 28 previous convictions including five for assault.Judge Paul Kelly told Mr Gallagher “This is an appalling situation that a man going about his business is approached by somebody and then attacked no matter what your client’s mistaken beliefs were.”He adjourned the case and asked for a victim impact report on the case.MAN ATTACKED STRANGER WHOM HE THOUGHT WAS SPYING ON HIS CHILDREN was last modified: April 14th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:asaultcourtEdward McGahernletterkennyOldtown
Why You Love Online Quizzes Growing Phone Scams: 5 Tips To Avoid The next killer app just might be developed by a girl still in high school. Meet Kira Becker, Emily Moschella, Tara Abrishami and Anna Venetianer. Not one of them is older than 16, but they’re already accomplished programmers. The four have spent the past five months developing Navi Car. Since they attend Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, a magnet school that attracts gifted students from all over the Washington, DC, area, their commutes are often lengthy. The girls all have active after-school lives, including tennis, track & field and theater, but it’s not always easy to get where they need to be. So the girls decided to solve their commuting problem by building an Android app. Since January, the four friends have spent weekends and afternoons making their app a reality with the help of a free programming tool, MIT App Inventor. Building Apps To Solve ProblemsNot everyone feels adept enough to build an app to solve his or her problems. But for the next generation of programmers, it’s second nature. “Technology is becoming more and more accessible. I definitely think people will be making their own apps in the future for exactly what they need them for,” said Venetianer. Encouraged by a teacher, the girls were spurred to enter their app in a programming contest specifically for high school girls, the Technovation Challenge. Under the name Team Round of APPlause, they’ve been selected as one of the top ten global finalists. On Thursday, they visited Twitter HQ in San Francisco to have their app judged. Although the very existence of a programming contest just for teenage female participants reveals the severity of the gender gap in computer science, the girls said they never felt like they were doing anything groundbreaking. Girls Coding: Not Unusual?“Being in the community that we are in, everyone is so supportive. there are so many other girls [at Thomas Jefferson] interested in computer science and tech in general,” said Abrishami. “I guess a lot of people are impressed and proud of us, but nobody thinks it’s unusual.”As sophomores in high school, none of the girls have made a decision about whether or not they want to pursue computer science careers. But if app building appears as accessible to others of their generation as it does to them, the future of programming looks very bright. 7 Types of Video that will Make a Massive Impac… Related Posts Tags:#apps#education#future of IT#women in tech lauren orsini How to Write a Welcome Email to New Employees?
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Pochettino admits Tottenham gave upby Paul Vegas23 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveMauricio Pochettino says Tottenham gave up in Tuesday’s 7-2 loss to Bayern Munich.Spurs let in three goals in the last 10 minutes to cap off a terrible night at home.”The feeling at the end, when we conceded the three goals, it was like the team was tired and gave up a little bit,” Pochettino said. “Maybe that showed a little bit our frustration in the game because up until 83 minutes the team were alive, we were fighting, trying to create chances to score a third goal and we were still in the game. But they were very clinical.”Of course we are so disappointed. I cannot say another thing other than I feel very very disappointed. I feel so bad because when you concede seven goals it is tough, but you need to face up to this type of situation.”When you play the final of the Champions League, it was nice to put your face up after the wins we had at Manchester City and Ajax. Now I have to put my same face up and accept we were not as good as we expected.”
ST. PAUL, Minn. — Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton’s administration has appealed a state regulatory panel’s approval of Enbridge Energy’s plan to replace its aging Line 3 oil pipeline across northern Minnesota.The Minnesota Department of Commerce said Friday that the Public Utilities Commission ignored experts who said the project isn’t needed.Dayton says in a statement that Enbridge failed to provide a forecast for future demand, as state law requires, and to demonstrate that Minnesota needs the pipeline to meet its oil needs. He says most of the crude flowing across Minnesota would benefit other states and countries.Enbridge spokeswoman Judi Kellner says Dayton’s statement is “disappointing and erroneous.” She says Canada-based Enbridge provided multiple forecasts showing that a replacement is needed.Other Line 3 opponents appealed earlier this week.Steve Karnowski, The Associated Press
RICHMOND, B.C. – Chiefs and Métis leaders from across Canada have come together to ask the federal government to halt proposed legislation and stop Bill C-48 and Bill C-69.Leaders with the National Coalition of Chiefs have signed two resolutions opposing the Bills, describing the devastating effects for the First Nations to grow economic and developmental opportunities in their traditional territories.“The world needs oil and gas from Canada, but now the federal government is blocking Indigenous communities from building sustainable opportunities to supply it – like we don’t control our traditional territories,” says former Chief of the Nadleh Whut’en, Martin Louie. At the gathering in Richmond, B.C. November 5-6th it was agreed that Indigenous people are tired of being misrepresented as being anti-developmental by special interest groups when Indigenous people view responsible resource development such as oil and gas as a vital part to sustainability and economics within the First Nation communities.“As a past president of Métis Nation of B.C. we fully support responsible resource development and pipelines,” says NCC Executive Committee member and regional director of the Métis Nation of B.C., Bruce Dumont. “The Indigenous people here today look at resource development in a positive way. We need to think of the environment, but the people also need to be a business partner.”First Nations people have been benefiting from the relationships they are forming with the Canadian oil and gas industry and want the Government of Canada to stop getting in the way by appearing to have the best interest of Indigenous people.In coming weeks the Leaders will deliver a letter directly to Ottawa demanding Bill C-48 be stopped and allow tankers to the north coast and changes are made to Bill C-69 the assessment to major development projects.
Like all the major actors of Bollywood who are pulling up their socks to try something new, Sharman Joshi also stepped in the web space with ‘Baarish’ – an upcoming show on ‘Alt Balaji’. Read to know what he has to say about the potential scope of web, his expectations from the show, bonding with co-actor Asha and much more. You have recently made your debut in web space, was there the same pressure you felt when you signed your first film? To be honest, the pressure was not as much as it is while you work in a feature film, things were a bit different here. I didn’t have butterflies in my stomach right now, as I had them at the time of my first film. Nevertheless, I was very excited about my debut in the web space and I am really looking forward to seeing how this journey is going to be. Also Read – The Puja carnival It was your first web show. Are you here to stay? As an actor, with what I have observed, I think the web is going to give many exciting opportunities in terms of creativity – there is some great material being attempted here, and also I can foresee effectively great opportunities to explore as an actor. With the story point of view even, I believe that there are certain stories which need to be told over a certain number of hours, and cannot be properly executed in a 2-3 hour feature film. Therefore, I am really looking forward to staying and explore the more ‘free’ side of cinema here. Also Read – Wave City brings special offers this Navratra A lot of love stories are made every now and then. How is this show different? How is your character in this series different from our typical romantic Bollywood heroes who fall in love and work towards a happy ending? It is like asking me how my love story is different from yours. There might be certain differences or there might not be, but what I believe is that each pair makes a love story unique. Also, the way a director tells this story with the characterisation and the portrayal of those characters is different. Personally, I believe that because we were so restraint before the advent of OTT platforms, we all have now let ourselves free and therefore, more out of the box stuff is happening here. So, I think amidst all those serious stories, this kind of show becomes a clutter breaker. Your co-actor Asha Negi has also made her debut on the web. How was it working with someone who is as new to the web space as you are? For actors, performance is not affected by the platform. That is what I have always felt – whether it is theatre, films, or web show or whether I end up exploring television tomorrow, it’s going to be the same. And as far as Asha is concerned, she is a very fine actor and I have had an amazing time working with her. I feel she is a wonderful person, very positive and always happy which makes her a great person to work with. What were your initial expectations with this project? My expectations with every project I do is always high. And that is the way I think it should be. Though highs and lows are a part of every actor’s life – sometimes a project does exceptionally well and sometimes it doesn’t. All you have to do it never lose hope, stand back on your feet and do your best in the other possible projects. I hoped the world for this project and I am glad it is doing well.
Rabat – Morocco’s Labor and Social Affairs Minister, Abdeslem Seddiki, reviewed on Thursday with representatives in Morocco of the World Bank and from the French Development Agency, cooperation between Morocco and the two institutions.The meeting was an opportunity for the three partners to express satisfaction over cooperation in the reform program of skills and employment.They also stressed the program priorities which are improving the efficiency of recruitment intermediation services, assessing active labor programs, consolidating the tools of information and market monitoring and improving labor inspectors’ capacities.
Manchester City have joined Real Madrid and Barcelona in the race to sign Juventus star Miralem Pjanic. The Bosnian Pjanic has been one of Juventus’ most important players after he arrived from Roma in the summer of 2016 for a fee in the region of 32 million euros.Since then, the former Lyon man has impressed in performance, he has appeared 31 times in the Serie A while scoring five goals and assisting eight times. Man City have joined the race to sign Pjanic, who is already a target for Barcelona and Real Madrid, says Tuttosport via calciomercato Last year, there were reports that Pjanic was in talks with Juventus to extend his contract at Turin, but up till now, he hasn’t done so. At the moment, he is valued at 60 million euros by the Old Lady and his current deal at the club runs out in the summer of 2021.