A Donegal man and two Polish men have appeared in court in Drogheda charged with drugs offences.They are charged with being in possession of cocaine and cannabis herb for sale or supply. The three appeared in connection with a major drugs seizure in Co. Louth last weekend.LMFM report that 41-year-old Ciaran Lawn from Ballyshannon, as well as 33-year-olds Daniel Krynicki and Alexandra Leszkiewicz – both Polish nationals living in Leixlip, Co. Kildare – appeared before Drogheda District Court this morning.They are charged with being in possession of cocaine and cannabis herb for sale or supply on the N33 at Drumgoolestown, near Ardee last Sunday.The court heard that Mr. Krynicki replied “I didn’t know it was cocaine, I would never sell anything like that” when one of the charges were put to him.Legal aid was granted for all of the accused as were two Polish interpreters.All three were remanded in custody to appear before Drogheda District Court again on Friday.Ballyshannon man charged in connection with drugs seizure in Co Louth was last modified: December 17th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Red Bluff >> The Red Bluff Bull & Gelding Sale gelding trials were held Thursday in the Pauline Davis Pavilion at the Tehama District Fairground, where prospective buyers were introduced to nearly 100 horses before the 55th Annual Gelding Sale set for 3:30 p.m. Friday.The trials consist of the horses showing off what they can do in three separate stages, including a dry run where the horse shows off its form, the obstacles stage where it can show its ability to run and jump and how well it …
Former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott says he is disappointed the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been called off.Abbott tweeted his opinion as Australia’s Transport Minister, Darren Chester, sought to defend the decision to ignore the advice of international experts and end the current search.“Disappointed that the search for MH370 has been called off,’’ the former PM said. “Especially if some experts think there are better places to look.’’The Australian-led search was suspended Wednesday after the governments of Australia, Malaysia and China ignored the recommendations of international experts and refused to extend it into a new 25,000 sq, km search area. The search of the initial 120,000 sq.km search area cost about $200m, with Australia kicking in about $60m, China about $20m and Malaysia providing the rest.Experts meeting in Canberra last year identified the new search area as a potential site for the aircraft debris after reviewing critical new ocean drift data made possible by the discovery of wreckage from the plane. They recommended the search continue to exhaust the remaining high probability crash site options.But Ministers from the three countries decided the information was not precise enough to warrant extending the search, despite calls from victims’ families and international commentators to do so.Asked on the ABC’s AM program, why he wasn’t following the advice of the experts, Mr Chester said: “I would suggest, Kim, this is one of those situations where there is not going to be a perfect answer and, in fact, probably I’m damned if I do and damned I don’t.“If I continue the search effort and came to you today and said I’ve reached an agreement with Malaysia and China to find another $20,$30, $40 or $50 million, you’d be saying to me: ‘Well, why are you spending taxpayers’ money in this way.’.“But by coming to you and saying we agreed in July last year that in absence of any credible new evidence leading to the specific location the aircraft we intend to extend the search, you’re now asking why won’t you extend it to a new area. I don’t think there’s a perfect answer.’’On the question of what defined credible new evidence, Chester was vague.“I think that is the critical question,’’ he said. “And I don’t want to sound dismissive when I say this to you but we will know that when we see it.“When the experts come to us with evidence that leads us to a more specific location than they’ve been able to provide at this stage, then that will be a question of the Malaysian, Chinese and Malaysian governments to then decide whether we go back out with the underwater search effort..’’Chester said work was still underway at the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, which led the search, on debris drift modelling as well as analysis of satellite imagery from that time.“We’re not in a position to tell you whether there will be a technological breakthrough in the future where we’ll be able to search in a different way,’’ he said.He noted the search area was 2500km off the coast of Western Australia and in depths of more than 4 to 5 kilometres deep with waves sometimes reaching 15 to 20 metres.“The fact that during that time they’ve been able to locate shipwrecks from the late 1890s and the early 1900s indicates technological breakthroughs obviously from this generation have been able to solve mysteries from many generations ago,” he said. “I hope we don’t have to wait that long to solve this extraordinary aviation mystery.’’At a later Press conference, The Australian Minister did not rule out a resumption of the underwater search but said this was primarily Malaysia’s call.“if you have credible new information that leads to a specific location, it will be a matter for the Malaysian government primarily,” he said. “But certainly given the close relationship we’ve had during this process, I would expect some further conversations would occur between Australia and Malaysia and China at the time.’’Chester said cost was not the deciding factor in the decision, arguing that the governments did not want to be providing false hope to the families and friends.He also rejected a suggestion the experts behind the original 120,000 sq, km search area had got it wrong, saying people needed to understand the limited amount of data they were dealing with.“With technology that’s been used, we have very high confidence that aircraft is not located in that search area but they had very little data to work with and they’ve done an extraordinary job,’’ he said.The decision to suspend the search has been attacked as irresponsible and a betrayal by a support group for families of victims of the tragedy but Chester said those family members he had spoken to in the past 24 hours had been understanding .Speaking at the same Press conference, ATSB boss Greg Hood said it was anticipated the work on the drift and satellite imagery analyses would conclude by the end of February.“The ATSB will support any further requests by Malaysia including the examination of any further debris that may come ashore in months to come,’’ he said.Hood paid tribute to his team at the ATSB, who had “lived and breathed nothing but professionalism, dedication, compassion and optimism that we would locate the aircraft and those on board’’.“The suspension of the search after more than two and half years will be felt very deeply by all of us,’’ he said.Malaysia Airlines said in a brief statement it would be “guided” by the governments’ decision to end the search.“MAS remains hopeful that in the near future, new and significant information will come to light and the aircraft would eventually be located,”the airline said.
Why You Love Online Quizzes Growing Phone Scams: 5 Tips To Avoid The next killer app just might be developed by a girl still in high school. Meet Kira Becker, Emily Moschella, Tara Abrishami and Anna Venetianer. Not one of them is older than 16, but they’re already accomplished programmers. The four have spent the past five months developing Navi Car. Since they attend Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, a magnet school that attracts gifted students from all over the Washington, DC, area, their commutes are often lengthy. The girls all have active after-school lives, including tennis, track & field and theater, but it’s not always easy to get where they need to be. So the girls decided to solve their commuting problem by building an Android app. Since January, the four friends have spent weekends and afternoons making their app a reality with the help of a free programming tool, MIT App Inventor. Building Apps To Solve ProblemsNot everyone feels adept enough to build an app to solve his or her problems. But for the next generation of programmers, it’s second nature. “Technology is becoming more and more accessible. I definitely think people will be making their own apps in the future for exactly what they need them for,” said Venetianer. Encouraged by a teacher, the girls were spurred to enter their app in a programming contest specifically for high school girls, the Technovation Challenge. Under the name Team Round of APPlause, they’ve been selected as one of the top ten global finalists. On Thursday, they visited Twitter HQ in San Francisco to have their app judged. Although the very existence of a programming contest just for teenage female participants reveals the severity of the gender gap in computer science, the girls said they never felt like they were doing anything groundbreaking. Girls Coding: Not Unusual?“Being in the community that we are in, everyone is so supportive. there are so many other girls [at Thomas Jefferson] interested in computer science and tech in general,” said Abrishami. “I guess a lot of people are impressed and proud of us, but nobody thinks it’s unusual.”As sophomores in high school, none of the girls have made a decision about whether or not they want to pursue computer science careers. But if app building appears as accessible to others of their generation as it does to them, the future of programming looks very bright. 7 Types of Video that will Make a Massive Impac… Related Posts Tags:#apps#education#future of IT#women in tech lauren orsini How to Write a Welcome Email to New Employees?
What ‘missteps’? MOST READ Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend LATEST STORIES Cayetano to unmask people behind ‘smear campaign’ vs him, SEA Games Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Jason Perkins and Oping Sumalinog took charge for Cignal early as they combined for 20 of the team’s 32 first quarter points.“Credit to my starters. They stepped up their defense and that’s why we got to that big lead early,” said coach Boyet Fernandez, whose side got their sixth overall win.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutPerkins led the charge with 24 points, 12 coming in the killer opening frame, on top of five rebounds, and two blocks, while Sumalinog added eight of his 15 markers in the same quarter, along with five boards, and two rejections.Pamboy Raymundo chipped in 18 points, four assists, two rebounds, and two steals, while Raymar Jose got it done on the defensive end with eight markers, 12 boards, three assists, and three steals as the Hawkeyes improved to a 6-2 card. With two games remaining in Cignal’s schedule, Fernandez said that the most pressing matter for him right now is the team’s consistency.“Even though we’re up and down, I want to see that our system is always there,” he said.John Ambulodto carried Wangs with 19 points, nine rebounds, and four blocks, while Ryan Arambulo got 14 markers and three boards.The Hawkeyes defense held usual suspects Robbie Herndon (seven points), Chris Bitoon (six points), and Michael Juico (two points) to poor scoring outings as the Couriers saw their two-game winning run halted for a 3-3 slate.The Scores:ADVERTISEMENT Mugabi picks Horn over Pacquiao Jason Perkins. PBA IMAGESCignal HD hardly broke a sweat and decimated Wangs Basketball, 94-69, to claim its fifth straight win in the 2017 PBA D-League Foundation Cup Thursday at Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig.Coming off a nine-day layoff, the Hawkeyes didn’t look like they missed a beat as they went on a blazing 26-5 opening salvo and were not threatened the rest of the way, extending the lead to as high as 34 numerous times in the payoff period.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. CIGNAL HD 94 – Perkins 24, Raymundo 18, Sumalinog 15, Villarias 10, Jose 8, Bringas 6, Arong 4, Belencion 3, Atkins 2, Sara 2, Cahilig 2, Batino 0, Arboleda 0.WANGS BASKETBALL 69 – Ambulodto 19, Arambulo 14, De Chavez 12, Habelito 7, Herndon 7, Bitoon 6, Juico 2, Sorela 2, Montemayor 0, Asuncion 0, King 0, Tayongtong 0, Pontejos 0, Riley 0.Quarters: 32-11, 52-27, 74-42, 94-69.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera View comments
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Pochettino admits Tottenham gave upby Paul Vegas23 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveMauricio Pochettino says Tottenham gave up in Tuesday’s 7-2 loss to Bayern Munich.Spurs let in three goals in the last 10 minutes to cap off a terrible night at home.”The feeling at the end, when we conceded the three goals, it was like the team was tired and gave up a little bit,” Pochettino said. “Maybe that showed a little bit our frustration in the game because up until 83 minutes the team were alive, we were fighting, trying to create chances to score a third goal and we were still in the game. But they were very clinical.”Of course we are so disappointed. I cannot say another thing other than I feel very very disappointed. I feel so bad because when you concede seven goals it is tough, but you need to face up to this type of situation.”When you play the final of the Champions League, it was nice to put your face up after the wins we had at Manchester City and Ajax. Now I have to put my same face up and accept we were not as good as we expected.”
The days of threatening exotic animals into performing on camera may soon be over – and it’s thanks to advancements in technology as well as actors like Andy Serkis, the star of War for the Planet of the Apes, King Kong, and the upcoming Jungle Book, among other films.Video: Andy Serkis: An ‘Apes’ Movie With Live Wild Animals Would Be Absurd and CruelAnd in a new video interview with PETA, he celebrates the computer-generated imagery and performance-mapping that make modern movies like the Apes series possible – and cruelty-free.“The thought of shooting an Apes movie now with real apes is absurd,” says the Golden Globe nominee. “We’ve matured as an industry and realised that that would be intolerable and cruel.”Serkis previously teamed up with PETA US to call for a chimpanzee named Louie to be freed from a roadside zoo in the US state of Michigan, where he has been held in solitary confinement for nearly all his life, and the actor insists that his years of work portraying primates on screen have made him appreciate them all the more. “What is amazing is how similar we are,” he says. “[T]hey feel emotion, they sense. Their intelligence is incredibly close to us.”As filmmakers have learned that animals endure deprivation and abuse in the entertainment industry, the use of digital effects to portray them has increased. The Revenant, Noah, and the Apes series all used digital imagery to create wild animals, and AMC’s The Walking Dead used computer-generated imagery and animatronics to create the stunningly realistic fan-favourite character Shiva the tiger. PETA US’ TV spot 98% Human – which uses cutting-edge technology to address the plight of great apes in entertainment – won top honours in visual effects at the prestigious Cannes Lions festival, and the vast majority of top advertising agencies around the world have signed PETA US’ Great Ape Humane Pledge, committing to not using live great apes in their projects.
Facebook ‘The only real thing we have is love’: Ellen DeGeneres captures Calgary crowdShe came, she spoke and she conquered the hearts of tens of thousands of Calgarians. On Saturday evening, Ellen DeGeneres swept into the Saddledome and gave her fans everything they’ve come to expect from the consummate entertainer and comedian. They got the laugh out loud moments, the beautiful stories that brought tears to their eyes and of course, a whole lot of dancing.Of course, this wasn’t a crowd that needed any convincing of the fun that can be had when in the presence of the 60-year-old host of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, one of the most popular daytime TV talk shows in history. READ MOREEllen DeGeneres honours Humboldt Broncos during Canadian appearance (VIDEO)Calgary’s Scotiabank Saddledome was absolutely packed on Saturday night, and it wasn’t because of a hockey game or a big-time country music concert, it was for one of TV’s most-loved talk-show hosts, Ellen DeGeneres. Hosted by Calgarian TV personality Dave Kelly, A Conversation With Ellen DeGeneres gave attendees the opportunity to see the Finding Nemo voice actor answer an in-depth Q&A session about life and love during this live one-night-only show on April 21. READ MOREEllen DeGeneres pays tribute to Humboldt Broncos crash victims at Calgary eventEllen DeGeneres began a speaking engagement in Calgary on Saturday night by carrying a hockey stick on stage to pay tribute to the victims of the Humboldt Broncos bus crash.After kissing it in front of a cheering and packed crowd of about 15,000 people at the Scotiabank Saddledome, the popular talk-show host placed it alongside a number of others standing on a rack in the back corner of the stage. READ MOREEllen DeGeneres pays tribute to Humboldt Broncos in CalgaryTalk show host Ellen DeGeneres paid tribute to the victims of the Humboldt Broncos bus collision on Saturday night in Calgary. The “Ellen DeGeneres Show” star entered the stage at the Saddledome carrying in a hockey stick, which she then held up and kissed. “My heart breaks for everyone,” she told the crowd. READ MORE Advertisement Twitter LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Login/Register With: Advertisement Advertisement