Topics : France’s increase of new COVID-19 cases sharply decelerated on Monday, as is always the case on that day given there are fewer tests conducted on Sundays, but hospitalizations and deaths linked to the disease shot up again.The government has recently ramped up measures aimed at containing the resurgence of the virus and avoiding a second national lockdown, with bars ordered to close at 2000 GMT (10 p.m. local time) in Paris and several other big cities starting from this Monday.French health authorities reported 4,070 new COVID-19 infections over the past 24 hours, sharply down from Saturday’s third-highest ever tally of 14,412 and Sunday’s 11,123. (Graphic: https://tmsnrt.rs/30g7l4o) But the seven-day moving average of new infections, which smoothes out reporting irregularities, stood at 12,083, above the 12,000 threshold for a fourth day in a row, versus a low of 272 on May 27, two weeks after the country ended its two-month-long lockdown.The cumulative number of cases now totals 542,639.The number of people hospitalized for the disease has gone up by more than 150, going over the 6,400 threshold for the first time since July 21.That is still five times lower than the April 14 peak of 32,292 but up by 41% versus a low point of 4,530 seen at the end of August. France imposed one of Europe’s strictest lockdowns between March 17 and May 11 to prevent its hospital system from being overwhelmed.And while the present figures may seem nowhere near the highs recorded in spring, medical experts fear the addition of COVID-19 and seasonal diseases such as flu might worsen the situation very quickly. The number of COVID-19 patients in intensive care units has reached a three-month high of 1,158, far lower than the April 8 peak of 7,148.The number of people in France who have died from COVID-19 infections rose by 81 to 31,808, versus 27 on Sunday and a seven-day moving average of 67. That figure stood at 17 on the first day of the month.
Michael and Ann-Louise are takingtheir home to auction on June 2. Picture: AAP Image/Steve PohlnerAnn-Louise and Michael Coulson bought their property at 81 Tooth Ave, Paddington, a year ago before transforming it into the modern home it is today.“The first time we walked into the house we saw its immense potential,’’ Mrs Coulson said.“Upstairs the floorplan had been converted into a dance studio, while downstairs a seventies reno had seen the creation of a rabbit warren. “However, both floors looked out to the most amazing views and many period features remained, so we knew there was a gorgeous Queenslander in a great location just waiting to be brought into the 21st century. 81 Tooth Ave, PaddingtonMore from newsNew apartments released at idyllic retirement community Samford Grove Presented by Parks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus18 hours agoMrs Coulson said they felt it was important to modernise the home while retaining its character features.They renovated and extended the home and added a swimming pool, which proved to be a bit of an engineering feat. The pool sits 7 m above the ground level.Mrs Coulson said her favourite part of the home would have to be the two large decks.“We love the upstairs deck for its tranquillity and views, while the lower is the party deck – flowing straight out into the pool area with its own amazing views and outdoor kitchen.”The two-level home has five bedrooms and is on a 503sq m block. The back of the home with the raised pool.It has open plan living areas and indoor and outdoor entertainment areas.The kitchen has 2 pac cabinetry, Caesarstone benches, Smeg appliances including a 900mm gas cooktop, oven and a 50L Speed combination oven.There is also a breakfast bar.It is being marketed through Judi O’Dea and Michael Kleimeyer of SPACE Property Agents and will be auctioned today at 10am.
highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: For most parts of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 game at Trent Bridge, Australia was facing an uphill task. The top order was blown away by the hostility of the West Indies pacers. It took the tail to show the top order how to bat. Nathan Coulter-Nile blasted 92, the highest by a No.8 in World Cups and his partnership with Steve Smith, who roared back with 73 boosted Australia to 288 all out. Mitchell Starc got rid of the West Indies big-hitters, Chris Gayle, Andre Russell, Jason Holder and Carlos Brathwaite as he picked up yet another five-wicket haul to give Australia a 15-run win and register their second win in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 encounter on Thursday.The bowlers deserve the credit for Australia’s turnaround. However, one bowler contributed with the bat and it was Coulter-Nile who enhanced Australia to a total which would be tricky on a wicket which was good for batting. Chasing 289, Pat Cummins struck early by removing Evin Lewis. The stage was set for Universe Boss vs the Starc Power. Gayle was clearly undone by the pace of Starc and in this contest, DRS and umpires played a massive role.Third time, not the charmThe first part of the drama came when Gayle was given out caught behind only for the decision to be overturned as there was no edge. However, the ball hit the stump and the bail was not dislodged. In the same over, Starc bowled a yorker and Gayle was hit on the back pad. The umpire, Chris Gaffaney, gave it out again but the impact was outside leg. It looked to be Gayle’s day and he pounced on Pat Cummins with three boundaries as he went past 1000 runs. However, Starc persisted. He bowled a yorker and Gayle jammed it out with all his skills. However, the umpire had failed to spot a no-ball and it proved to be a costly miss. Starc delivered a ball which swung in late and hit Gayle on the back pad. This time, it was not third time lucky as Gayle was trapped in front.Shai Hope, who had been in fine form shared a stand with Nicholas Pooran and Shimron Hetmyer as West Indies stayed in the hunt. However, Zampa accounted for Pooran but Hetmyer ensured Hope got to his 11th fifty. Australia, though, maintained the pressure and had Hetmyer run-out. That brought in Jason Holder, a very capable all-rounder. However, West Indies’ ‘Hopes’ took a big dent when Hope miscued Cummins to be caught at midwicket for 68.It was now the battle of the big-hitters. Andre Russell, who decimated bowlers in the IPL, signalled his intentions by blasting a big six off Zampa and a couple of boundaries of Cummins. Holder continued to find the boundary as the game was evenly poised. However, in a moment of brain fade, Russell miscued a lofted shot to deep backward point and Glenn Maxwell, running back from point, took a brilliant catch under pressure and the celebrations showed how much the wicket meant.Starc proceeded to seal the game in the crucial 46th over. With West Indies looking to play him out, Starc got the wicket of Carlos Brathwaite and accounted for Holder in the same over. When he took his fifth wicket and became the fastest to 150 wickets, Australia had sealed a win. A win that looked highly unlikely when West Indies had chosen to bowl.Coulter-Nile chips inAustralia was left reeling at 38/4 in the seventh with David Warner, Aaron Finch, Usman Khawaja and Glenn Maxwell falling cheaply. Steve Smith held the innings together and was given good support from Marcus Stoinis and Alex Carey. The partnership with Carey, worth 109 runs, revived Australia but once the wicketkeeper fell for 45, Australia was still miles away from posting a competitive total against the Windies. However, Nathan Coulter-Nile, coming in at No.8, had other ideas and he proceeded to change the course of the game and put West Indies on the backfoot.After starting slowly, Coulter-Nile opened up with two boundaries off Oshane Thomas to signal his intentions. Smith calmly notched up his 20th fifty and he was happy to give the strike more frequently to Coulter-Nile. The right-hander reposed the faith by hammering Andre Russell for a couple of boundaries. The momentum was with Australia as Coulter-Nile smashed a big six off Russell.With Smith departing for 73 thanks to a magnificent catch from Sheldon Cottrell, the onus was on Coulter-Nile and he did not disappoint. He clubbed offspinner Ashley Nurse for a boundary and was dropped by Shimron Hetmyer at midwicket.Having received life, Coulter-Nile proceeded to punish Sheldon Cottrell for two sixes and he looked good to reach a record century but in the quest for quick runs, Coulter-Nile miscued a lofted shot off Carlos Brathwaite to be caught at long-off. His knock of 92 broke plenty of records in the process. Coulter-Nile’s 92 is the highest by a No.8 in the history of World Cups and in the end, the effort by Coulter-Nile showed the depth in Australia’s batting and it proved to be enough against a side packed with power-hitters who did not bat well according to the situation. Australia now has a 5-5 head-to-head record against West Indies in World Cups.Nathan Coulter-Nile’s 92 is the highest by a No.8 in World Cups.Shai Hope and Jason Holder hit their 11th and 9th fifties respectively.
Was it a penalty for Edin Dzeko on the match between Fiorentina and Roma, remains to be the main topic in Italy.While sport director of Fiorentina, Pantaleo Corvino, called on Roma attacker:“Possible penalty for Dzeko? All these rumors bothered me, it should be a yellow card for Dzeko for simulation. Dzeko is a striker who often throws himself into the penalty area, it is enough to watch the match against Sampdoria.”However, he receive the answer of Roma director, Walter Sabatini, very soon.“Dzeko is a simulator? He is an amazing athlete who demonstrated it through the history. It is unacceptable for him to be called out like that,” said Sabatini, as reported by Goal.(Source: faktor.ba)
For over two years now, questions have been asked about the identity of the U.S. men’s national team and, for over two years now, we haven’t really had an answer to those questions.What happened to the team of absolute dogs that routinely took down bigger powerhouses with better players? Could that type of mentality be regained after it was deemed insufficient by those who wanted to bring technical, free-flowing soccer to the United States? And, if it couldn’t, what could become of a national team that is still clearly not at the level it expects to be? Friday night’s match in the CONCACAF Nations League didn’t answer all of those questions. No single game will. Those debates will rage on and on for as long as this program exists. But it did show that there is just a little bit of fight left in this U.S. team and that, deep down, that identity may still be there.The U.S. issued a perfect response to last month’s catastrophic loss to Canada, bludgeoning its northern rival 4-1 in a rematch at Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Fla. It’s not a win that will erase all of the damage caused by that loss at BMO Field, but it’s a heck of a start and a sign that patience may just be rewarded.”We wanted to play with a desire, a hunger, a passion,” defender Tim Ream told Goal. “We didn’t do that up in Toronto and we got embarrassed. There was no way around it. We were embarrassed after that game and we did not want that to happen again. There was a conscious effort to really bring it from the first whistle and hopefully, everyone saw that.””A lot of it was just communication between the coaching staff and Brad [Guzan] and myself and some of the more experienced guys on the team,” he added. “We knew we failed last month, miserably, up in Toronto and we had it on our minds from phone calls even before coming into camp that things had to be different. There were clear lines of communication that we need to put more effort, more work, more desire, more hunger, more physicality into everything we did. That was a big theme this week.”Following a month of criticism and cynicism from many outside the program, USMNT boss Gregg Berhalter opened himself up to the critics once again before a ball was even kicked. After last month’s embarrassment, he opted for seven changes, but those changes, by and large, weren’t the ones that many wanted to see.He went with a familiar favorite in Gyasi Zardes, who hadn’t played in weeks, instead of Josh Sargent, a forward playing in the Bundesliga. He left DeAndre Yedlin, the team’s lone Premier League player, on the bench. He did opt for Jackson Yueill as the No. 6, giving a start to a young player with potential, but it came at the expense of Alfredo Morales, who has returned to form in the Bundesliga with Fortuna Dusseldorf.But those decisions were vindicated almost immediately, as the U.S. wasted no time in sending one very clear, very concise message: things were going to be different this time around. All week, the team talked about starting quickly and setting a tone, and scoring a goal less than three minutes in did exactly that. Jordan Morris’ opening goal eased any doubt still lingering from last month’s lethargic display while seemingly injecting a lot of life into the rest of the group. The fact that Sergino Dest, now officially cap-tied, set up the goal made it that much sweeter.Morris, fresh off an MLS Cup win over the weekend, then turned provider for the USMNT’s second, feeding Zardes to double the Americans’ advantage. Oft-criticized for his less-than-stellar technical ability, Zardes does deserve credit for continuing on and, ultimately, scoring goals despite the negativity. Any hope Canada had faded in the 34th minute as Ream’s free kick found the head of Aaron Long to make it 3-0. At that point, more than 10 minutes before the halftime whistle, the game was effectively over.Even following a moment of weakness, a Steven Vitoria goal that ended the clean sheet and put a slight dampener on the night, the U.S. responded. Late on, at a time where the U.S. could have been in cruise control, Zardes thumped a shot past Milan Borjan to push the scoreline to 4-1. It was a night where the U.S. could not be stopped. The sky did not fall on the USMNT.And there are a number of reasons for that. The first is that, man for man, the USMNT was flat out better than last month as it showed some of that swagger that had been missing for quite a while. Morris, Paul Arriola and Sebastian Lletget tried things, even if they didn’t come off every single time. Weston McKennie was a bully who didn’t back down, obviously angered by how often the USMNT’s midfield was exposed last time out. John Brooks, perhaps the USMNT’s most important player not named Christian Pulisic these days, was calm and confident while sending the message that absolutely nothing Canada tried was going to work.On the other hand, Canada looked more like the team that existed over the past 34 years than the one that appeared to turn a corner last month. The back line was shambolic on virtually every goal. Alphonso Davies, deployed as a left back much like he is at Bayern Munich, struggled and even was called for a stunning indirect free kick after juggling the ball and heading back to his goalkeeper. Canada, overall, was naive. It looked like a team that may have bought into its own hype. Now, that pendulum swings back toward the USMNT. A win in Cuba next week will send it through to the next round of this new tournament. No match is a foregone conclusion, but a Cuba win would be one of the biggest upsets this region has ever seen. The win over Canada was the climax of this story, while the next match should, in theory, serve as an epilogue.Friday’s win made it evident that the loss in Toronto will go down as little more than a blip, not a full-blown crisis. There will be more blips along the way, more setbacks that open up new questions and new criticism. Even the most positive-minded viewer would admit that this U.S. team is still nowhere near Mexico and several steps behind the beloved USMNT teams of the past.But, if Friday night taught us anything, it’s that this team may be on a path forward, not backward, and it may just have the right players and the right mentality to put up a little fight after all.