first_imgManchester City have joined Real Madrid and Barcelona in the race to sign Juventus star Miralem Pjanic. The Bosnian Pjanic has been one of Juventus’ most important players after he arrived from Roma in the summer of 2016 for a fee in the region of 32 million euros.Since then, the former Lyon man has impressed in performance, he has appeared 31 times in the Serie A while scoring five goals and assisting eight times. Man City have joined the race to sign Pjanic, who is already a target for Barcelona and Real Madrid, says Tuttosport via calciomercato Last year, there were reports that Pjanic was in talks with Juventus to extend his contract at Turin, but up till now, he hasn’t done so. At the moment, he is valued at 60 million euros by the Old Lady and his current deal at the club runs out in the summer of 2021.last_img read more

first_imgLuciano Spalletti has dubbed Inter Milan’s Champions League clash with PSV on Tuesday as the most important of his career at the clubInter’s qualification is no longer dependent on them as they need Barca to beat Spurs while they beat PSV on their patch. But Spalletti has called for the focus on the San Siro crunch clash.“We often fail to keep our concentration up for the whole game and when that happens, our opponents take advantage,” the Coach said at a Press conference and cited on Football Italia.“The team are fine. Juventus and Tottenham are two top teams, one’s been winning for 10 years, the other reached the Champions League quarter-finals last season.“We played on par with Juve and, if anything, we dropped points against Parma and Atalanta.“You can lose in Bergamo, but not how we did [a 4-1 defeat]. We must maintain a high level over 38 games, so we have to do better.“Only serious people work for Barcelona. The only mistake we can make is if we focused on their game.Romelu Lukaku, Inter MilanLukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.“We must think about winning our own, against a team who were in the third pot, whereas we were in the fourth.“They’re also higher than us in their respective League. It’s the most important match since I’ve been here, even more than against Lazio last season.“If, at the time of the draw, we were told we’d be playing for qualification against PSV and Tottenham had to face Barcelona, what would we have said? We’ve seen that the group’s very tough.It’s still open to any outcome. We have the same calmness for Barcelona as Tottenham do for PSV, who’ll want to win here because they only have a few points.“Vecino’s had a test and probably won’t be available. Nainggolan needs a few more days because he risks getting injured again.“We’ll make assessments and study his problem further. Vecino’s problem seems difficult to solve.”last_img read more

first_imgChelsea boss Maurizio Sarri believes Manchester City are an example for every club to follow and admits they’ve still got a lot of work ahead of them to be title challengers.The Blues will head to the Etihad Stadium on Sunday to take on City knowing that victory will likely be a must if they are to maintain their top-four spot in the Premier League.But Pep Guardiola’s side will also be determined to take all three points after retaking the lead in the standings from Liverpool on goal difference following Wednesday’s 2-0 win at Everton.Speaking ahead to this weekend, however, Guardiola made a surprise announcement by suggesting that Chelsea could still be title contenders despite them trailing City by 12 points.Although Sarri doubts Chelsea will challenge for the league crown anytime soon and added it will take time for them to match the likes of City and Liverpool.“I don’t think so, not at the moment. We will be able to fight for the top four this season, no more,” said Sarri on the club website.“We can win something of course, but in the Premier League, there is a fight between Liverpool and Man City. In my opinion, Man City are the best team in Europe. They are an example for every club.“We need to work. Guardiola is in the third season in the Premier League, Klopp in the fourth or fifth, but we need to work. I don’t know another way.“We need only to work and try to reduce the gap.”Harry Maguire, Manchester UnitedLiverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.The former Napoli coach was happy with the way Chelsea responded to their 4-0 defeat at Bournemouth by thrashing Huddersfield Town 5-0 last weekend.“In the last match, we reacted very well. After the match against Huddersfield I was happy with the result, but especially the performance,” added Sarri.“We know very well we need consistency. I hope our version on Sunday will be the best.”The City and Chelsea match will begin at 5:00 PM (CET) on Sunday.A Sunday double-header in Manchester, let’s make it 2/2! 💪👊 @ChelseaFCW pic.twitter.com/w7Y0Orzlye— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) February 7, 2019last_img read more

first_img Related Items:#Bahamascrimeupdate, #DelanceCartwright, #magneticmedianews, #SeyonWilliams Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, March 15, 2017 – Nassau – Two more homicides and three guns confiscated are among the cases keeping police busy as they try to bust up crime.   Police are looking for suspects in a shooting where two women and a man were struck; that man was initially in serious condition at hospital but on Saturday he died.   The shooting happened on Walnut Street last Friday around 10pm.A Honda Odyssey reportedly pulled up to the car with the three people, fired into that vehicle and sped off.  The women were treated and released, but the man remained at hospital in serious condition and is now yet another murder victim for the country and is identified as Delance Cartwright.An update from Bimini in the murder probe there revealed that two guns were also collected from the residence in South Bimini where two men were arguing and fighting, when one was shot and later died at the local clinic.  The men are reportedly brothers.  A media report names the 21 year old man killed on Saturday in Bimini as Seyon Williams.In two days – Thursday and Friday last week – Police got three more guns off the streets of Nassau.  On Thursday around 1pm on Inagua Way and Beldock Avenue a mobile unit intercepted a Honda Civic and after  search of that car, a Ruger pistol with 16 rounds of ammunition was found; a man was taken into custody for the offense.Then on Friday around 7pm, the Selective Enforcement Team or SET was on routine patrol when on Trelawney Gardens Road they approached two suspect men, the pair fled on foot and got away but not before allegedly dropping a .40 Smith and Wesson pistol.The SET was on routine patrol later Friday, 9:30pm when on Ida Street they saw a man standing on the side of the street, he dropped something which was later found to be, a 9mm pistol with four live rounds of ammunition.  That man tried to get away, but was caught by officers.#MagneticMediaNews#SeyonWilliams#DelanceCartwright#Bahamascrimeupdatelast_img read more

first_imgShahidul Alam taken to BSMMU hospitalDetained photographer Shahidul Alam has been taken from office of the Detective Branch (DB) of police to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University hospital around 9:00am on Wednesday, said general manager of Drik gallery ASM Rezaur Rahman.The High Court on Tuesday ordered to send him to hospital for treatment and diagnosis following a writ filed by Shahidul’s partner Rehnuma Ahmed. Shahidul Alam was booked and taken in remand under Information and Technology Act (ICT).Members of the DB picked up Shahidul Alam from his house on Sunday night. He was, later, shown arrested under ICT Act due to ‘instigate’ students movement demanding safe roads and on charge of spreading ‘rumours’.Shahidul’s wife filed a writ petition with the High Court challenging the legality of Shahidul’s arrest and torture and seeking permission from the court to send him to hospitalShahidul Alam was picked up by plainclothes DB men from his Dhanmondi residence on Sunday night right after his interview with an international news agency on ongoing students protest following the death of their two fellow students in a road accident in Dhaka on 29 July.last_img read more

first_imgTele Columbus CEO and chairman, Ronny Verhelst.German cable operator Tele Columbus has turned in solid second quarter results, growing revenue by 2.3% to €54.3 million and increasing EBITDA by 9.2% to €27.7 million.The country’s number three operator, which completed the acquisition of number four player Primacom at the end of July, grew its internet and telephony subscriber bases to 213,000 and 202,000 respectively, boosted by the migration of 22,000 low-speed internet-only customer to dual-play flat-rate products in May. RGUs per subscriber reached an all time high of 1.5 at the end of June, up from 1.42 a year ago.The operator connected an additional 15,000 households to its upgraded two-way network in the quarter, taking the total of upgraded homes passed to 955,000. Homes connected grew by 9,000 in the quarter to 1.68 million, offsetting losses of some housing industry contracts. This number excludes the 1.2 million Primacom homes added at the end of July.Tele Columbus said it is planning to roll out its 400Mbps internet service, launched in Potsdam in April, to new regions.Tele Columbus confirmed its guidance for the rest of this year, with a target of 4-6% revenue growth, stabilisation of the number of homes connected at 2014 levels, capex of €80-€100 million and an increase of penetration of two-way upgraded networks to 60% by the end of the year.“Tele Columbus continues to successfully deliver on its growth strategy: For the second quarter of 2015, we report 2.3% top line growth paired with strong EBITDA development,” said Ronny Verhelst, CEO.“We have good traction in our new product offerings which confirms that we are successfully meeting the needs of our customers and partners in the housing industry. Our progress to date has been driven by our high-performance infrastructure and highly competitive product portfolio. Going forward, we see our development moving to the next level by joining forces with Primacom and maximising the potential of our combined platform.”last_img read more

first_imgPaywizard and Genius Digital have partnered to deliver pay TV customer insights that drive loyalty and growth.Payment specialist Paywizard and audience analytics firm Genius Digital said they aim to provide operators with a data-driven view of each subscriber’s customer journey – from acquisition to possible churn.The partnership combines Genius Digital’s access to usage data and consumer viewing habits, with Paywizard’s insights into subscriber decision-making and transactional behaviour.“Each time a customer interacts with a TV service, there is a series of critical decision points at which timely engagement from the operator has a massive impact on how that subscriber relationship will continue,” said Paywizard chief marketing officer, Bhavesh Vaghela.“Responding effectively at each of these key ‘decision moments’ is vital in order to ensure subscribers stay loyal and minimise churn. Having deeper data makes this task easier to achieve.”Genius Digital CEO, Tom Weiss, said: “Paywizard’s deep expertise around how subscribers make purchasing decisions at each stage of their customer journey makes them a perfect partner for us.“Combining this knowledge of the customer lifecycle with the audience data we collect across millions of devices at Genius Digital, means we can leverage our respective strengths to offer operators a really powerful platform that provides a more in-depth view of their customers than ever before.”last_img read more

first_imgUK-based independent news producer DMA Media has acquired Brussels-based news facility outfit Headline NFP.DMA Media, which launches and operates news, business and digital channels, said it planned a major expansion of Headline NFP’s news services across Europe and around the world. The Brussels-based company provides video and live facilities for BBC News, Euronews NBC and France Télévisions, among others.DMA Media said that the deal means it can now provide specialist support and technical consultancy for its own news clients, as well as expanding the reach of Headline NFP in Europe and beyond. DMA Media is expected to open Headline studios in central London, Munich and Paris.Headline NFP will also offer its clients DMA Media’s expertise in channel launches and operations, online newsrooms, content distribution and media relations.DMA Media currently employs and manages a 200-strong outsourced editorial and operations team for the 24-hour privately-owned Persian news channel, Iran International. Previous launch projects include the BBC’s Arabic and Persian news channels, TRT World in Turkey and DMC News in Egypt.DMA Media’s Founder and Group CEO, Rob Beynon, said: “There’s nobody better at doing news than Headline NFP. They have the technology, the inventiveness and the facilities to keep the most demanding broadcasters in the middle of the Europe story, reliably and efficiently. I’ve known Headline NFP for many years, and its team of camera operators, editors, producers and engineers are world class – and they match DMA Media Group for unrivalled client service. We hope we can build on that reputation and extend Headline’s reach into new markets all over the world.”Hans Deforce, Founder and CEO of Headline NFP, said: “This is a win-win for Headline NFP and the DMA Media Group. It means we can now use our expertise and resources for news broadcasters everywhere. The industry is changing very fast, and we will continue to strive to be ahead of things, as we have been for 20 years. With the extra resources of the DMA Media Group, we’ll be looking at a new era of expansion for Headline.”last_img read more