The man suspected to be behind the ‘Canada Creep’ Twitter account is arrested again for child pornography charges.Jeffrey Robert Williamson, 42, was arrested Friday and later charged with possession of child pornography and accessing child pornography. Calgary Police Service says the new charges stem from evidence officers seized at Williamson’s house earlier this week.On Thursday, CPS arrested and charged with three counts of voyeurism and publication of voyeuristic recordings, after being notified about the Twitter account that posted photos and videos of women who appeared to be unknowingly filmed.The images focused on women’s breasts, buttocks and up women’s skirts and a much of the footage and pictures were taken in downtown Calgary.Officers are going through multiple terabytes of data taken from computers, hard drives and other devices tied to the Canada Creep account.Police say Williamson was filming women for at least five years, without their knowledge. He’s schedule to appear in court for the new charges on Monday.
TORONTO – An association representing some Tim Hortons franchisees says a prominent member has had his licence renewal denied amid ongoing tensions with the company.The Great White North Franchisee Association board says Mark Kuziora was denied a renewal for one of his two Toronto Tim Hortons outlets as an intimidation tactic.Kuziora, who is on the association board, was also named as a plaintiff last year in a lawsuit against Tim Hortons alleging it improperly used money from a national advertising fund.The association, which formed in 2017 in response to what they said was mismanagement from Tim Hortons and parent company Restaurant Brands International, says Kuziora was willing to go ahead with store renovation plans that franchisees have raised concerns about.Tim Hortons says Kuziora has no renewal rights under the agreement for the specific restaurant, and that they regularly add new owners as part of the normal course of business activity.The company and franchisees have been in disputes over a range of issues including cost-cutting measures, advertising, and recently announced plans for renovations that the association says will cost each restaurant owner about $450,000.
OTTAWA – The energy and financial sectors helped boost Canadian economic growth in August despite weakness in manufacturing due to auto assembly plant shutdowns.Statistics Canada said Wednesday real gross domestic product edged up 0.1 per cent in August, the seventh consecutive month to see an increase.Economists had expected no change for the month, according to Thomson Reuters Eikon.Growth in oil and gas extraction and the finance and insurance sector helped to more than offset declines in 12 of the 20 industrial sectors tracked.Overall, Statistics Canada says services-producing industries edged up 0.1 per cent, while goods-producing industries were essentially unchanged.CIBC chief economist Avery Shenfeld called the August figures “a mixed bag” with the strength in the oil and gas sector offset by weakness in manufacturing.“Canada’s economy had neither tricks nor treats for market observers on this Halloween release, with August’s GDP growth not scary enough to create fears of a slump, but not strong enough for the Bank of Canada to spook investors with a December rate hike,” Shenfeld wrote in a note to clients.Canada’s economy grew 0.1% in August, matching BMO estimate. Gains in oil and gas, finance and insurance offset declines in 12 of 20 i” sectors according to Statscan. BMO expects September, “assuming decent growth,” will put Q2 GDP at 2% annualized.— Richard Dettman (@rwdettman) October 31, 2018Helping drive the growth was the mining, quarrying and oil and gas extraction sector which rose 0.9 per cent.The increase was boosted by a 1.9 per cent gain by the oil and gas extraction subsector including a 3.2 per cent increase in non-conventional oil as crude bitumen and total crude production in Alberta reached record levels.Also climbing higher was the finance and insurance sector which rose 1.0 per cent in August, the largest monthly gain since May 2017.On the flip side, the manufacturing sector contracted 0.6 per cent in August due in part to shutdowns at some auto assembly plans in the month.The construction sector also pulled back by 0.4 per cent in the month, while transportation and warehousing slipped down 0.5 per cent.The GDP report followed the Bank of Canada’s decision last week to raise its key interest rate target by a quarter of a percentage point to 1.75 per cent and signalled rates are headed higher.Central bank governor Stephen Poloz has said the current rate is still too stimulative for the improved economy and warned it will rise to what the bank considers its neutral range of between 2.5 and 3.5 per cent.
Rabat – Morocco’s Labor and Social Affairs Minister, Abdeslem Seddiki, reviewed on Thursday with representatives in Morocco of the World Bank and from the French Development Agency, cooperation between Morocco and the two institutions.The meeting was an opportunity for the three partners to express satisfaction over cooperation in the reform program of skills and employment.They also stressed the program priorities which are improving the efficiency of recruitment intermediation services, assessing active labor programs, consolidating the tools of information and market monitoring and improving labor inspectors’ capacities.
Sophomore H-back Dontre Wilson (2) catches a touchdown pass during a game against Cincinnati on Sept. 27 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 50-28.Credit: Chelsea Spears / Multimedia editorAfter a slow start to the season, the Ohio State offense is starting to get up to speed.As the Buckeyes head into Big Ten play Saturday, they are trying to build on a record-setting performance from their game against Cincinnati in which they accumulated 710 yards of total offense and totaled 45 first downs.The offensive output did not come as a surprise to redshirt-sophomore offensive lineman Pat Elflein, who said even after the Virginia Tech game in which OSU allowed seven sacks, the offensive line has always believed in its abilities.“We never really lacked confidence. That’s the standard of how the offensive line at Ohio State plays and we played to that standard on Saturday and we are going to keep playing to that standard,” Elflein said. “The standard was set last year, and that’s how we have to play.”Last season, the Buckeyes ranked fifth in the country running the football as they averaged 308.6 yards per game on the ground. OSU currently ranks 23rd in rush yards per game with 241.5 yards per game.Contributing to the bulk of OSU’s yards on the ground against Cincinnati was sophomore running back Ezekiel Elliott, who made his presence felt against the Bearcats as he rushed for a career-high 182 yards on 28 carries.Co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Ed Warinner said Monday he expects Elliott to continue his play against the Maryland defense on Saturday.“He’s playing with very low pad level and so he plays with great energy. He’s explosive. And he finishes runs with great pad level,” Warinner said. “And he doesn’t want to make direct contact. Ezekiel is playing great right now. We just have to keep him going.”Despite only accumulating an average of 195.3 rushing yards per game in its first three games, the Buckeye offense amassed 380 yards rushing against the Bearcats to go along with 330 yards passing.Coach Urban Meyer said he would like to see more steadiness on offense.“What I think is going on best is the balance right now. When you start looking up at the scoreboard and you see 250 or 300 (yards) each that’s a good sign,” Meyer said Wednesday. “The last two years have been kind of run-dominated and to win those big games you can’t be 220 run and 68 pass. You’re going to lose that game.”The passing efficiency of redshirt-freshman J.T. Barrett is something that has greatly contributed to the offensive surge for OSU. Barrett became the first Buckeye quarterback since Troy Smith in 2005 to account for back-to-back 300 yard passing games.Senior tight end Jeff Heuerman said that he never has any doubt that Barrett will perform.“That’s just how he is. He is a great leader,” Heuerman said Wednesday. “He is super poised, and it doesn’t surprise me how he handles his business.”Barrett, who has been nicknamed by some in the program as “the distributor,” has done just that, as seven offensive players have caught five or more passes on the season.One of those players is sophomore H-back Dontre Wilson, who led OSU in receptions with six against Cincinnati and has earned high praise from Meyer.“He is so little, and when you are in a balanced offense, you gotta be able to block and do all of the things,” Meyer said. “He was a little bit of a token player last year. But he has gained 15 pounds, he is stronger and is much more suitable. Also, he is the kind of guy that we wanted to run him a little bit.”Wilson has become a much more important part of OSU’s offense as he has totaled 11 receptions and nine carries for a total of 238 yards and a touchdown in the first four games of the season. His 11 catches are good for second on the team behind only redshirt-sophomore wide receiver Michael Thomas (13).His pass catching is something that Meyer said Wilson has been working on since the offseason.“He has got pretty good hands,” Meyer said. “He is a little bit of a body catcher, but he has really worked hard on it. I like where he is heading.”Despite all of its playmakers, Meyer said his Buckeye offense will need to continue to be efficient to compete against Maryland’s defense.“Athletically they are really good. They do enough change up where there (are) two different looks you have to prepare for in the secondary,” he said. “They are the most athletic defense we have faced so far this year.”The Buckeyes are set to take on Maryland on Saturday at Byrd Stadium in College Park, Md. Kickoff is scheduled for noon.
Manchester City have joined Real Madrid and Barcelona in the race to sign Juventus star Miralem Pjanic. The Bosnian Pjanic has been one of Juventus’ most important players after he arrived from Roma in the summer of 2016 for a fee in the region of 32 million euros.Since then, the former Lyon man has impressed in performance, he has appeared 31 times in the Serie A while scoring five goals and assisting eight times. Man City have joined the race to sign Pjanic, who is already a target for Barcelona and Real Madrid, says Tuttosport via calciomercato Last year, there were reports that Pjanic was in talks with Juventus to extend his contract at Turin, but up till now, he hasn’t done so. At the moment, he is valued at 60 million euros by the Old Lady and his current deal at the club runs out in the summer of 2021.
Manchester United forward Anthony Martial has reportedly entered into talks with Juventus over a possible transfer this summer, claims the Daily MirrorThe Frenchman is keen to leave Old Trafford this summer after playing time under Jose Mourinho became even further restricted following the arrival of Alexis Sanchez in January from Arsenal.Martial has no shortage of admirers and has now begun holding talks with Juventus over personal terms ahead of a move to the Serie A champions this summer.His agent, Philippe Lamboley, recently confirmed that Martial does intend to leave United this summer after failed negotiations over a contract renewal.Maguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…“After reflecting carefully on all the possibilities and all the parameters, Anthony has decided he wants to leave Manchester United,” he told RMC.“Manchester United wanted to offer Anthony a contract extension and don’t want him to leave, but we haven’t been able to reach an agreement after several months of talks.It is understood that no transfer fee has been agreed on yet between United and Juventus, but the Premier League are rumoured to be demanding £80m.
Luciano Spalletti has dubbed Inter Milan’s Champions League clash with PSV on Tuesday as the most important of his career at the clubInter’s qualification is no longer dependent on them as they need Barca to beat Spurs while they beat PSV on their patch. But Spalletti has called for the focus on the San Siro crunch clash.“We often fail to keep our concentration up for the whole game and when that happens, our opponents take advantage,” the Coach said at a Press conference and cited on Football Italia.“The team are fine. Juventus and Tottenham are two top teams, one’s been winning for 10 years, the other reached the Champions League quarter-finals last season.“We played on par with Juve and, if anything, we dropped points against Parma and Atalanta.“You can lose in Bergamo, but not how we did [a 4-1 defeat]. We must maintain a high level over 38 games, so we have to do better.“Only serious people work for Barcelona. The only mistake we can make is if we focused on their game.Lukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.“We must think about winning our own, against a team who were in the third pot, whereas we were in the fourth.“They’re also higher than us in their respective League. It’s the most important match since I’ve been here, even more than against Lazio last season.“If, at the time of the draw, we were told we’d be playing for qualification against PSV and Tottenham had to face Barcelona, what would we have said? We’ve seen that the group’s very tough.It’s still open to any outcome. We have the same calmness for Barcelona as Tottenham do for PSV, who’ll want to win here because they only have a few points.“Vecino’s had a test and probably won’t be available. Nainggolan needs a few more days because he risks getting injured again.“We’ll make assessments and study his problem further. Vecino’s problem seems difficult to solve.”
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri believes Manchester City are an example for every club to follow and admits they’ve still got a lot of work ahead of them to be title challengers.The Blues will head to the Etihad Stadium on Sunday to take on City knowing that victory will likely be a must if they are to maintain their top-four spot in the Premier League.But Pep Guardiola’s side will also be determined to take all three points after retaking the lead in the standings from Liverpool on goal difference following Wednesday’s 2-0 win at Everton.Speaking ahead to this weekend, however, Guardiola made a surprise announcement by suggesting that Chelsea could still be title contenders despite them trailing City by 12 points.Although Sarri doubts Chelsea will challenge for the league crown anytime soon and added it will take time for them to match the likes of City and Liverpool.“I don’t think so, not at the moment. We will be able to fight for the top four this season, no more,” said Sarri on the club website.“We can win something of course, but in the Premier League, there is a fight between Liverpool and Man City. In my opinion, Man City are the best team in Europe. They are an example for every club.“We need to work. Guardiola is in the third season in the Premier League, Klopp in the fourth or fifth, but we need to work. I don’t know another way.“We need only to work and try to reduce the gap.”Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.The former Napoli coach was happy with the way Chelsea responded to their 4-0 defeat at Bournemouth by thrashing Huddersfield Town 5-0 last weekend.“In the last match, we reacted very well. After the match against Huddersfield I was happy with the result, but especially the performance,” added Sarri.“We know very well we need consistency. I hope our version on Sunday will be the best.”The City and Chelsea match will begin at 5:00 PM (CET) on Sunday.A Sunday double-header in Manchester, let’s make it 2/2! 💪👊 @ChelseaFCW pic.twitter.com/w7Y0Orzlye— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) February 7, 2019