first_img Next World Cup 2019: Hamstring tear rules out Jason Roy for England’s next two gamesThe 28-year-old batsman Jason Roy will be missing the next two games for England in the World Cup as he has been diagnosed with a hamstring tear. James Vince or Moeen Ali are expected to play in place of Roy.advertisement Indo-Asian News Service LondonJune 17, 2019UPDATED: June 17, 2019 16:35 IST Jason Roy will not be present for the next two matches (Photo: Reuters)HIGHLIGHTSRoy will miss the matches against Afghanistan and Sri LankaRoy had pulled up his hamstring while fielding in the match against West IndiesEngland are currently in fourth position in the points table with 3 winsEngland will miss the services of Jason Roy in the next two matches as the opener has suffered a hamstring tear.Roy pulled up his hamstring while chasing a ball during the eighth over of England’s previous match against the West Indies. While the hosts won the game by eight wickets, the 28-year-old played no further part and underwent scans on Saturday in London.”The MRI confirmed that Roy has suffered a hamstring tear. As a result of the injury, he will be reassessed on an ongoing basis this week,” an ECB statement read. “He is set to miss England’s next two matches in the World Cup against Afghanistan (June 18) and Sri Lanka (June 21),” it added.Meanwhile, ECB also provided an updated on Eoin Morgan — who also suffered from a back spasm against West Indies — saying the England captain will be monitored over the next 24 hours and a decision regarding his availability for the game against Afghanistan will be made on Tuesday itself.32-year-old Morgan suffered from back spasm during the 40th over of the Windies game and had to be helped off the field. Such was his discomfort that he stopped on his way to the changing room after finding the stairs up to the dressing room particularly difficult to conquer. In fact, Morgan addressed the post-match press conference after the Windies game without taking a seat.”The spasm has settled down and will be monitored over the next 24 hours ahead of England’s next match against Afghanistan tomorrow (Tuesday) at Old Trafford, Manchester,” the ECB said.advertisementEngland can include either batsman James Vince or all-rounder Moeen Ali in the XI against Afghanistan as Roy will not be a part of the team. It will be interesting to see who fills Morgan’s boots if the skipper doesn’t get fit in time for the game.With six points from four games, England are sitting at the fourth spot in the points table.Also Read | World Cup 2019: Shahid Afridi credits IPL after India beat PakistanAlso Read | World Cup 2019: Mohammed Shami has potential to provide breakthroughs, says Sachin TendulkarAlso SeeFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byAjay Tiwari Tags :Follow Jason RoyFollow EnglandFollow ICC World Cup 2019last_img read more

Maoist army personnel were observed this morning outside the main cantonment site in Nawalparasi and its satellite sites in the western region of Nepal, UNMIN said in a press release, adding that it had deployed three mobile teams to monitor the situation.“This is a serious violation of commitments made in the agreement of arms and armed personnel reached between the Maoists and their partners in the Interim Government,” UNMIN stated.The mission said it had conveyed its concerns to the political and military leadership of the Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist), which advised that it had ordered the immediate return of personnel to the cantonment sites.Under last year’s agreement ending the civil war, the Maoists agreed that their combatants would be confined at the cantonment sites, where they and their weapons can be registered and verified, in the lead-up to Constituent Assembly elections scheduled for November.UNMIN said in its press release that “while the verification process of Maoist army personnel is proceeding well, implementing the commitments in relation to the management of arms and armed personnel, without exception, is essential to the overall peace process and in particular to preparing a free and fair atmosphere for the Constituent Assembly election.” 14 September 2007The United Nations Mission in Nepal (UNMIN) has voiced concern that large numbers of Maoist soldiers today briefly left one of the cantonment sites where they had agreed to stay as part of last year’s peace accord ending the conflict in the Himalayan country. read more