first_imgIn 1991, Ween released 23-track staple record The Pod, their second studio album after GodWeenSatan: The Oneness. Dean and Gene Ween were in their early 20’s and exploring themselves musically, while also maintaining their raging personalities. Any concert at Tribeca’s Wetlands Preserve was a night for the books, so when the duo came to town, things got extra brown. This particular performance included “Captain Fantasy,” “Tender Situation,” “Cover It With Gas and Set It on Fire,” and two attempts at “The Goin’ Gets Tough From the Getgo.”Watch their full performance from October 12, 1991, below, courtesy of J. Parish.Setlist: Ween | The Wetlands Preserve | New York | 10/12/1991Squelch the Weasel, Stacey, Captain Fantasy, Boing, Marble Tulip Juicy Tree, Puerto Rican Power, Tender Situation, Seconds, Reggaejunkiejew, The Wind, The Goin’ Gets Tough From the Getgo (unfinished), Cover It With Gas and Set It on Fire, Sketches of Winkle, You Fucked Up, Fat Lenny, TickNotes: Goin’ Gets Tough attempted twicelast_img read more

first_img Carmen Cusack Star Files Next stop, Broadway? Carmen Cusack and A.J. Shively will star in Bright Star, the new musical by Steve Martin and Edie Brickell. Directed by Walter Bobbie, the tuner will receive it world premiere at San Diego’s Old Globe Theatre this fall, beginning performances on September 13. Opening night is set for September 28.Cusack’s stage credits include Wicked, South Pacific and Sunday in the Park With George; Shively appeared on Broadway in La Cage Aux Folles. The cast will also star Stephen Lee Anderson, Stephen Bogardus, Patti Cohenour, Wayne Duvall, Hannah Elless, Jeff Hiller, Kate Loprest, Wayne Alan Wilcox and Libby Winters. They will be joined by Allison Briner, Max Chernin, Leah Horowitz, Joe Jung, Lulu Lloyd, Ashley Robinson, Greg Roderick, Sarah Jane Shanks and Scott Wakefield.As previously reported, the new tuner, which features music by Martin and Brickell, lyrics by Brickell and a book by Martin, is set in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina and travels between 1945 and 1923. Billy Cane (Shively), a young soldier just home from World War II, meets Alice Murphy (Cusack), the brilliant editor of a southern literary journal. Together they discover a powerful secret that alters their lives. The bluegrass score includes songs from Martin and Brickwell’s album Love Has Come For You.Josh Rhodes will choreograph. Sets will be by Eugene Lee, with costume design by Jane Greenwood, lighting design by Japhy Weideman and sound design by Nevin Steinberg. View Comments A.J. Shivelylast_img read more

first_imgA spokesperson for the nursing home protecting its residents is a priority. OXFORD, NY. (WBNG) — The New York State Department of Health has confirmed with 12 News there are 12 confirmed cases of COVID-19 at the Veteran’s Home in Oxford. Additionally, they say staff are the primary contact between families and residents to keep individuals safe. They say they “acted quickly” to implement infection control measures, restrict visitations and conduct environmental cleaning. The department of health says leadership at the nursing home is ensuring social distancing, canceled group activities, and is screening employees health every eight hours.last_img

first_img“Patients in general prefer overseas health care, citing lackluster domestic medical services related to the treatment of certain diseases.”He went on to say that the development of medical tourism in Indonesia was not only feasible, but also highly lucrative given the steady increase in the number of medical tourists around the globe.Indonesia’s Southeast Asian neighbors, such as Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia, have already developed medical tourism in their respective countries.Thailand, for instance, recorded a total of 2.29 million medical tourists and US$6.9 billion in income courtesy of the sector in 2016, Jodi said. Read also: Indonesia’s medical tourism potential may be silver lining of pandemicMedical tourism, he added, could also serve as a catalyst for job creation and a more diversified economy in the country.With such a goal, the government has mulled over a plan to build international hospitals staffed with highly trained health professionals from other countries, in collaboration with related state departments and organizations, such as the Indonesian Doctors Association (IDI).“The doctors that will be brought to Indonesia will only be specialists that the country is still lacking. They will work in tandem with local doctors,” Jodi said.”That way, Indonesians will be able to get better medical treatment and more foreign tourists will come to the country for treatment.”The plan to develop medical tourism in the country has been years in the making.In 2017, the Tourism Ministry and the Health Ministry signed a memorandum of understanding on the development of medical and health tourism, which was touted as a flagship of special interest tourism.Indonesia has been among the largest contributors to medical tourism in its neighboring countries. According to the CIMB ASEAN Research Institute, Indonesians spent around US$11.5 billion annually on health care abroad, mostly in Malaysia.Topics : The government is mulling over a plan to develop “medical tourism” in the country in a bid to provide high quality health care to the public and create a new source of national income in one swift stroke.Office of the Coordinating Maritime Affairs and Investment Minister spokesman Jodi Mahardi said such a move could potentially bolster the country’s medical independence.“Based on a report by PwC [PricewaterhouseCoopers], 600,000 Indonesians sought medical treatment overseas in 2015 – the most in the world,” Jodi said in a statement on Tuesday.last_img read more

first_imgExpansion of the Ports of Rome and Lazio About to BeginThe Ports of Civitavecchia and Fiumicino are about to receive the first trench of the €195 million European Investment Bank (EIB) loan for the development of its facilities near Rome, reports the EIB. EUR 250 Million Deal for BoskalisRoyal Boskalis Westminster N.V. has been awarded a sizable export cable installation contract for the Ostwind 2 offshore grid connection. Savannah Harbor Expansion Project on Track in 2019U.S. Senators Johnny Isakson, David Perdue, and U.S. Representative Buddy Carter, have secured additional federal funding to keep the Savannah Harbor Expansion Project (SHEP) on track in 2019. Interview: Investing in Stakeholder EngagementDuring the recent Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure Conference in Amsterdam, we interviewed Mr Jaap van Thiel de Vries, General Manager of Hydronamic at Boskalis, on the importance of investing in stakeholder engagement.center_img Dredging Today brings you an overview of the most popular stories from the past week (November 26 – December 2, 2018). VIDEO: WASA Dredging Successfully Completes Their First Project in DenmarkWASA Dredging has just released this amazing video about their work on the Port of Kalundborg, Denmark, completed earlier this year.last_img read more

first_imgRelatedPosts EPL: Newcastle set to extend winning streak EPL: Newcastle hammer West Ham away EPL: West Ham, Newcastle in cagey duel Newcastle United had goalkeeper Martin Dubravka to thank as they climbed to 10th spot in the table following a tense but scoreless draw with Norwich City at St. James’s Park on Saturday. Despite being bottom of the table, the visitors came out all guns blazing, playing much of the opening 45 minutes in the Newcastle half and forcing Dubravka into two fine first-half saves to keep the scoreline level. Norwich created plenty of chances and won a slew of corners, but all too often they struggled to get many of them on target. When they did, Dubravka was equal to the task. Finnish forward Teemu Pukki, Norwich’s top scorer in the Premier League with 11 goals this season, had a great chance to put his side ahead in the 73rd minute, but again Dubravka was quickest to react and Ciaran Clarke was able to clear the danger. With Norwich pouring forward, new loan signing Danny Rose came on as a substitute to make his debut for Newcastle, and they had to work hard to repel yet another Norwich corner deep into stoppage time. The final whistle prompted boos from the home supporters but favourable results in the day’s other games saw Newcastle rise to 10th place while Norwich remain bottom of the league on 18 points, both from 25 games. Norwich manager Daniel Farke couldn’t hide his disappointment with the result. “We were dangerous, they did everything we asked for. We want them to be more brutal with their finishing, but these things happen sometimes. I’m happy with the performance, not the result,” he said. “We’re not playing to avoid losing, we’re playing to win. It has been four top-class performances in a row.” Newcastle boss Steve Bruce was almost as disappointed as his side’s supporters, despite their good position in the league. “We set ourselves up to be difficult to beat. If you look at the record we’ve got, we’ve done fantastically well. Now we have to get a little bit of quality in forward areas,” Bruce said.Tags: Ciaran ClarkeMartin DubravkaNewcastle UnitedNorwich CityTeemu Pukkilast_img read more

first_imgBy Gavin Jones and Isla BinnieROME, Italy (Reuters) – Rome’s new mayor Virginia Raggi, pulled the plug on the city’s bid to host the 2024 Olympics, saying staging the summer games would bury the Italian capital under mountains of debt and tonnes of cement.The decision represents a blow to the International Olympic Committee, which has already seen Boston and Hamburg abandon their 2024 bids and is struggling to convince potential host cities that it is worth putting on the sporting extravaganza.Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi had championed Rome’s challenge, but he needed the backing of the city council to press ahead. Raggi’s decision means only Paris, Los Angeles and Budapest are left in the running to stage the 2024 games.“It would be irresponsible for us to support this candidacy,” said Raggi, whose anti-establishment 5-Star Movement took power for the first time in Rome after a landslide victory in local elections in June.“We have nothing against the Olympics and sport … but we don’t want sport to be an excuse for more rivers of cement in the city. We won’t allow that.”Rome’s bid team reacted furiously, saying the decision had been taken for “ideological, political and demagogic” reasons which would deprive the city of investments worth up to $1.7 billion and the creation of nearly 200 000 jobs.“We are disappointed that a new political force is unwilling to accept the challenge of modernisation,” it said in a statement, adding that the decision represented “a severe blow to Italy’s credibility worldwide”.Boston pulled out of the race over financial concerns and the residents of Hamburg voted against a bid in a referendum. The 5-Star Movement had always voiced doubts about staging the sporting spectacular, but Italy’s Olympic committee had held out hopes of changing the mayor’s mind.Italian Olympic committee chief Giovanni Malago had been scheduled to meet Raggi yesterday, but he left city hall after waiting for half an hour, saying she had not turned up.Raggi, whose first months in charge of Rome have been chaotic, with key staffers leaving and several important posts still unfilled, said she had been delayed and regretted Malago’s decision not to wait for her.NO ‘CATHEDRALS IN THE DESERT’She told reporters that the Olympics often ran over budget and said Rome could not afford such a huge undertaking, adding it would have left Rome with sports arenas it did not need.“We won’t be forced to pay for more cathedrals in the desert for years to come. Romans don’t want that,” said Raggi, whose party has positioned itself as a bastion of honesty.Revelations of systematic corruption involving Roman politicians, bureaucrats and businessmen in late 2014 prompted doubts about whether the city could handle work associated with the Olympics in a transparent way.Rome had also bid to host the 2020 Games, but then-prime minister Mario Monti withdrew due to concerns over Italy’s finances.The Olympics movement is concerned the Games is losing its lustre, with a pattern of cities pulling out of bidding for both summer and winter Games after baulking at huge costs required.Brazil spent about $12 billion on the Rio Games last month, which proved a sporting success but was marred by complaints over budget overruns and infrastructure delays.The International Olympic Committee’s ‘Agenda 2020’ aimed to cut the cost of the Games and make bidding more attractive, but has failed to stop cities withdrawing their candidacies, scared off by the size, cost and complexity of the event.The International Olympic Committee is due to select the 2024 host city in September 2017.Budapest said yesterday it would fight to the end to clinch the Games.“Budapest will be at the finish line for sure and will remain a candidate throughout. We entered this race to win it,” Budapest organising committee chairman Balazs Furjes said.last_img read more

first_imgHAMILTON, New Zealand (CMC) – Assistant coach Roddy Estwick believes Kraigg Brathwaite will acquit himself well, when he takes over as West Indies captain for the second Test against the Black Caps starting here tomorrow.The 25-year-old, the side’s vice-captain for over a year, was forced into the breach after regular skipper Jason Holder was suspended by the International Cricket Council for the upcoming match, following an over-rate offence in the just-concluded Wellington Test.Estwick, who has overseen Brathwaite’s development from a young age, said his fellow Barbadian possessed all the qualities necessary for leadership.“Leadership is not anything new to Kraigg. Obviously I’ve known him from a little boy at Combermere (secondary school) and he’s captained right through school at Combermere,” Estwick said.“He was Barbados Under-15, Under-17, Under-19 (captain) and West Indies Under-19 captain to the World Cup; so it’s nothing new to him. It’s something I would say he’s been groomed for.“It’s unfortunate the way he’s got the captaincy for this match but we’ve got to put that behind us. We’ve got to support him, we’ve got to help him, we’ve got to rally around him and we’ve got to go out and play good positive cricket.”Brathwaite was one of the few bright spots from the opening Test at the Basin Reserve last weekend which the Windies lost by an innings and 67 runs inside four days.The right-hander scored 24 and 91 in a match that featured a massive West Indies batting collapse, emerging as one of just two batsmen who managed half-centuries.Estwick pointed out that the high value Brathwaite placed on his wicket and the high standards he demanded from those around him would be an asset for the side.“He will lead by example. He’s someone who will put a price on his wicket. He’s a person who will give 100 per cent at all times and he will expect his players to do that as well,” Estwick explained.“He will expect his players not to give an inch, not to let their heads drop and continue to work hard and stay disciplined, and those are the things he’s going to bring to the table.”West Indies have not won a Test series on New Zealand soil on 22 years and the defeat in Wellington ensured that trend would remain unchanged.Estwick said he backed the Windies to hit back from the heavy loss, noting the key was to remain focused throughout the Test.“It (first Test result) was very disappointing. We didn’t play well in that Test match at all. We didn’t bowl as well as we would’ve liked. We certainly didn’t bat as well as expected,” said Estwick.“Obviously if you’re going to be bowled out on the first day of a Test match just before tea for 134, it’s always going to be an uphill struggle.“What we’ve got to do now is put that behind us and over the next couple of days really work hard and bounce back. We’ve done it before and if we can remain focused and disciplined, and keep our belief as strong as possible, we can bounce back in his coming Test match.”last_img read more

first_img Athens-listed gambling technology and lottery systems provider Intralot SA will expand its services and presence within Morocco, securing a new services agreement with La Marocaine Des Jeux et des Sports – MDJS.An Intralot customer since 2010, MDJS acts as Morocco’s state-owned sports lottery organisation.Issuing a corporate update, Intralot governance confirms that its subsidiary ‘INTRALOT Maroc’, will act as lead lottery, sports betting and instant games supplier for MDJS retail and digital properties.Following a ‘competitive procurement process,’ Intralot secures a new 8-year term contract as MDJS lead systems provider, which can be further extended from 2020, with MDJS set to launch new operations.In addition, Intralot discloses that it will support MDJS, as the state-owned operator seeks to expand its Moroccan retail network to 1,600 points-of-sale with the Athens technology group enhancing MDJS omni-channel capabilities.Intralot Group Deputy CEO, Nikos Nikolakopoulos commented: “MDJS has been a valued Intralot customer for the last decade and we are pleased to have been awarded with a new contract to continue our successful operation in Morocco.“This agreement represents an exciting new chapter in our long-term relationship as well as the trust of the state sports lottery Organization in Intralot’s next-generation solutions that will enable long-term innovation and growth for MDJS ultimately increasing revenues to good causes for the benefit of the Moroccan community”. Share Intralot enhances Malta games offering with E*SOCCER launch July 13, 2020 StumbleUpon Intralot accelerates Nederlandse Loterij retail transformation July 29, 2020 Share Submit Intralot strengthens U*BET offering with virtual sports addition August 6, 2020 Related Articleslast_img read more

first_imgClaude Puel has been sacked by Leicester after just 16 months in charge at the King Power Stadium.The decision has been made in the wake of a 4-1 loss at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday, which leaves Leicester 12th in the Premier League, eight points above the relegation zone.Puel has been under increasing pressure in recent weeks and Leicester have now gone six games without a victory. A Leicester statement read: “The club would like to thank Claude for his efforts in leading the team during his 16 months in the role and wish him well in his future career.“Assistant Manager Jacky Bonnevay also departs with the club’s best wishes.“First-team coaches Mike Stowell and Adam Sadler, supported by the club’s established backroom staff, will assume responsibility for the senior squad while the club begins the process of appointing a new manager.“The Board will make no further comment until this process is complete.”Leicester’s next match is at home to Brighton on Tuesday night, before a trip to Watford next Sunday, live on Sky Sports.–Source: SkySports They have also lost four league games in a row at the King Power Stadium for the first time in 19 years.last_img read more